- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask a set of health-related questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that fewer options will be available for scheduling your appointment.
- We have implemented a new protocol for scheduling your appointments and managing your insurance and financial transactions virtually to allow for a contactless exit from your appointment.
- Social distancing measures will be provided in the reception area for essential caregivers and parents of minors if they cannot wait in a vehicle or outside the clinic.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines as they are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. Hand sanitizers will be positioned throughout the clinic.
- An oral pre-rinse will be provided to all patients to reduce exposure to germs.
- We will record the temperature of every patient upon entering the office.
- We have implemented enhanced operatory disinfection procedures of all surfaces between patients.
- Ambient air management with HEPA 13 filtration continuously in treatment rooms and common areas to remove germs from circulating air.
- Enhanced operatory disinfection procedures before and after all appointments with mist or fogging devices to access hard-to-reach places.
- New personal protection equipment like visors, gowns, and masks allows our doctors and team to provide barriers against the smallest germs.
- Introduce protocols to reduce or eliminate airborne aerosols during all dental procedures.
- Enhanced nightly disinfection procedures are completed daily with equipment and office fixtures like computers, keyboards, telephones, tablets, chairs, doorknobs, and buttons.
- Longer appointment times for you to prepare and complete all appointment tasks and duties most safely and comprehensively.
- We have ordered surgical clean air systems to help increase the air quality and exchange during and between appointments.
- In addition to this, we were fortunate to acquire chair-side aerosol evacuation systems. These units are designed to gather 95% of respiratory aerosols during treatment (hygiene and dental services).
- Finally, we have stepped up hard surface cleaning with environmentally friendly disinfectants.
As a matter of principle, dentistry is safe – being held to the highest surgical disinfection standards used in the medical industry.
We look forward to seeing you and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you and every patient safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 604-983-9836